Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Week 14, Zanna: Loving Eyes.

The Exercise: This week, endeavor to look at things and people with loving eyes. Notice ant changes that occur in your eyes, face, body, heart/mind, visual field, and focus when you remember to look with loving eyes.
I am smiling. No, really. Seemingly
cold indifference means, "I love you"

Compared to the media fast of last week, this was a breeze... but it wasn't nearly so dramatic, so writing it up isn't all that easy.  I tend to look at folks this way anyway (shut up, no... I really do... unless I'm being snarky or sarcastic, but really how often does that happen?)

I didn't notice too much of a change, though, I felt I needed to be careful with "loving eyes" at work.  That can be a Corporate Compliance issue. I was a little more sensitive this week, and seeing sad child eyes on Easter just about sent me over the edge.

I have to be very aware of what my eye expressions are at home around my cats. I'm an honorary member of an indoor feral cat colony, so I've had to learn to communicate. Most of the time I'm at home I try to keep my face relaxed and my eyes slightly slit, because, in cat world, that's code for "We're cool. I won't eat you. Promise."

No comments:

Post a Comment