Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Week 8 for Juliet: Gratitude at the End of the Day

In November 2011, I set a goal to post something I was grateful for in my Facebook status each day for the entire month.  I encouraged other friends to do this as well and enjoyed reading their posts.  I believe that what we appreciate, appreciates.  The exercise for this week was at the end of the day to list five things you were grateful for.  Here are mine:
Wednesday, 2/22/12
1.    Grateful for project meetings with Will Jordan and Colleen Mallett.  Both of whom understand you can do work and have fun.
2.    Grateful that I only live 5 blocks from EarthFare and Publix since it seems I need to go to one of these places every day.
3.    Grateful for my new iPhone.  I seriously did not know how much I would love this phone.
4.    Grateful that my Dentist office was not mad that I goofed and forgot my 8:00 am appointment.  Grateful that they had another opening for me in the afternoon that fit my schedule.
5.    Grateful that I didn’t have to cook dinner.  Can you say welcome to Moes?
Thursday, 2/23/12
1.    Grateful to live in SC where there are warm February days.
2.    Grateful for the efforts of my body in the level 3 practice tonight.  Trying challenging poses helps me access my inner badass.
3.    Grateful for Epson salt baths.  (See #2)
4.    Grateful that my husband is a great study partner for my son so I can participate in #2 and #3.
5.    Grateful for my white noise sound machine.  Best $50 investment ever.
Friday, 2/24/12
1.    Grateful that the tornado watch was just a watch and there were no tornados.
2.    Grateful that I don’t have a job where I work outside.  Even though I sometimes complain about having an office job, it is nice to be inside watching the rain.
3.    Grateful to the 56 students who showed up for my free yoga class tonight.  Wow.  Just wow.  That sums it up for me.
4.    Grateful for an adult dinner out with Mark and Nancy Buchan.  It is really sweet to be friends with your son’s best friend’s parents.  (And as an added bonus you can compare notes.)
5.    Grateful to have the resources to go to Yogaville for a teacher training.  I made my reservations today for March!
Saturday, 2/25/12
1.    Grateful to be a yoga student in class this morning.  Great teaching, a challenging physical practice, and hugs and laughs with friends.  Does it get any better than that?
2.    Grateful for girl bonding time with Anne Marie Cockrell.  It was such a treat to get pedicures and have lunch with her today. 
3.    Grateful there was chili at the oyster roast party I went to tonight so I didn’t have to eat the oysters.  Bleh.
4.    Grateful for the free mapquest app on my phone that got us to the oyster roast on the other side of the world (i.e., Chapin) when the TomTom decided to stop working.
5.    Grateful for blue jeans with Spandex.
Sunday, 2/26/12
1.    Grateful to be able to sleep in late.
2.    Grateful for Clinique concealer which disguises the evidence of two late nights in a row.
3.    Grateful to my yoga teachers for giving me the confidence and skills to able to address the physical issues of many of my Sunday night students who are recovering from injury and/or surgeries.
4.    Grateful to my husband who made dinner tonight so I could eat and watch some of the Oscars.
5.    Grateful that my son did his math homework.
Monday, 2/27/12
1.    Grateful for the 5 cartons of my favorite Trader Joe’s Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper soup that were on my desk when I got to work.  Thanks Zanna!!
2.    Grateful for the variety of people that I count on to keep me healthy and sane:  some of whom include my hair dresser, acupuncturist, chiropractor, cleaning person, all the cashiers and service industry workers.
3.    Grateful that if I sit in just the right spot, I can see outside from my office. 
4.    Grateful that all the laundry is done.
5.    Grateful for a refrigerator full of food.
Tuesday, 2/28/12
1.    Grateful for my sense of humor.
2.    Grateful for my Tuesday night yoga regulars.  I look forward to seeing you all each week.
3.    Grateful for technology.  I can exercise on a machine that tracks my progress while watching a movie on my iPhone.  Cool!
4.    Grateful for the opportunities I have to learn something new each day.
5.    Whew!  This is a long post.  Grateful to all of you for reading this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment